Call for New PhD Candidates
- New Knowledge on green and durable fire retardant materials and structures
- advanced fire models for urban and built environment
- Development of novel fire suppression technologies
- Reduced-scale and full-scale flammability testings for compliance with fire safety regulatory standards.
- Strong strategic partnerships and collaborationswithin universities, government bodies and domestic and global industries in fire safety.
- Accelerate the transformation of Australian industries towards material and product developments of fire retardant materials and structures.
- Creation of new Standards to ensure high-level fire safety regulatory standards are attained.
Recent research projects
- Development of green and durable fire retardant materials and coatings for building claddings and lightweight structures.
- modelling of fire propagation and evacuation of occupants on maritime platforms
- Probabilistic and risk assessments to building fires and big data analytics for fire safety.
- Quakers Hill nursing home fire, Fire and Rescue NSW.
- Risk characterisations of building claddings via big data analytics, Finance, Services & Innovation NSW.
Facilities and infrastructure
- Access to a range of bench-top and full-scale experimental equipment and facilities which entail:
(i) multi-scale flammability assessments with realistic fire conditions;
(ii) detail measurement of fire effluents including gas toxicity, smoke density and particles.
For more information
Professor Guan Heng Yeoh
T: +61 2 9385 4099